Solar powered device that attracts, captures & kills insects
Unique Key Features
Based on insects’ phototaxis, the broad spectrum of light wavelengths (320-680nm) is designed to effectively attract insects:
- long-wavelengths attract insects from various distance to the light, and
- short-wavelength causes “dizziness” to insects and makes them fly irregularly around the light and hit the light
The element then either captures the insects in a container, or kills the insects through high voltage electrostatic wires.
Benefits (People, Planet, Profit)
Use Less Pesticides
- Pesticide reduction by 30-50% or more
- Human health benefits
- Cleaner environment benefits
- Studies and observations have confirmed positive results using less pesticide.
- Pay-back in approximately 3 years, depending on current cost and number of pesticide applications
- Material and labor saving from pesticide use
Natural and Fundamental
- A natural and fundamental approach for insect control while still maintaining ecosystem.
In Chinese reports of one large break-out 1 light can capture 2-4kg of insects in 1 night.
Reduce use of pesticide by 30-50% or more
Can broadly be used in agriculture, horticulture, forestry, aquaculture and sports grounds.
Kill adult moth to reduce number of eggs laid, to effectively reduce future insects population.
Based on Chinese studies the beneficial insects captured is between 0.8% – 6%, with the majority reported in the range of 1 – 2%.
Based on studies the Insect Zapper can target 1,500+ types of major common insects.
Depending on the size of the unit used, the device can cover 10,000 – 20,000 sq mtr area.